Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

i have a daughter whos mother went to jail about 3 years ago

Customer Question

i have a daughter whos mother went to jail about 3 years ago and for some reason the law aloud her to right a letter stating that my parents can have temporary costody which i think shouldnt the child go straight to me? and if so whos gonna tell my parents, the sheriff and even the judge who signed the temporary agreement that because even if i went and tried getting my daughter back everyone sides with my parents theres gotta be something i can do and the think that really upsets me is that when the mother went to jail no one even acknoledged that i was even alive i mean they never talked to me to determine if i was unfit or not or anything which should have actually been the fist thing they did i should have costody of my daughter but i cant find anyone thats willing to help and i dont even know if anything thats goin on here is even legal is it? please somebody help me i already missed three years of her life id really like to not miss anymore.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

I am sorry to hear about your difficutlies. Unfortunately, the agreement is legal if the Judge has signed off on it.

Have you gone to Court to ask for custody?

Why were you not given joint custody with your ex in the first place?