TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

if i was my moms power attourny is it leagle for a loan officer

if i was my moms power attourny is it leagle for a loan officer at my moms bank to be ritting checks on my mom acount with out me knowing
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Please note that for legal reasons my answers are only intended to be general/educational information rather than specific legal advice. If you need specific legal advice, then you must consult with a local attorney in your jurisdiction.

The fact that you have power of attorney does not necessarily mean that another person is prohibited from writing checks from your mom's account. Of course, that person would need authorization. I'm surprised that the loan officer would have such authorization, but it's not impossible.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!