Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

This judge tomorrow is new to our case as the other judge was

This judge tomorrow is new to our case as the other judge was assigned to a different section of the court. After our Master's hearing I thought our property settlement was going to be the end of this long drawn out drama. My feeling is that this new judge will give him yet another chance to redeem himself. This is the third time I filed for contempt in this court. Very frustrating.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

I understand your frustration as it always seems that the party that doesn't comply with the court is given chance after chance and the one that complies with all orders gets punished for following the court's instructions.

The only reason I think you may be right about the judge giving him another chance is if he wasn't served with a summons or subpoena to appear. If that didn't happen (which it usually wouldn't if the party is represented by counsel), the judge may require him to be served, and if he then doesn't appear, the judge would order him in contempt and issue a bench warrant.