Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have a protective order against my husband and it does include

I have a protective order against my husband and it does include our 3 children. Can I give him permission to see the kids before we go to court to have the order modified. The kids would really like to see him.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

Unfortunately, no, you don't have the authority to modify the protective order. Thus, technically, you can't do this without putting him in danger of being held in contempt of court for doing this.

As a practical matter, if you don't report a violation of the protective order, the court is not likely to ever find out. However, I would not recommend this if you were my client because it could result in you also being held in contempt IF the court found out.