clflaw
clflaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Family law for 15 years, including common law marriage/divorce, same-sex marriage/"divorce".
58808359

I wanted to know the correct procedure on what to do when the

I wanted to know the correct procedure on what to do when the parent in question is not contactable by normal resourses.. I have no way of finding him.In fact I have this situation with two sons. the first father last I heard was in Louisiana. My son and I have tried to located him to no avail. My younger son's birth father - I do not know how to find either. Is there some type of public notice or court procedure that I can do that will show the court that the father is not locatable?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  clflaw replied 4 years ago.

clflaw :

Generally, yes - if you have no reasonable means of serving process on the fathers, the court may allow for notice by publication. Again, contacting your court clerk will be helpful on this issue as each court may have different local rules for how to show to the court that you've tried the normal service of process routes. Good luck! Please hit Accept so that I may receive credit for my Answer. Thank you!

clflaw :

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Publication is the phrase I was looking for. I will contact my local court clerk to see if that is acceptable. Thank you!

clflaw :

Perfect - good luck! Please hit Accept so that I may receive credit for my Answer.