lawjeff
lawjeff, Lawyer
Experience:  California Lawyer with 20 Years Family Law Experience
64577798

Ok! So I also filed to get his belongings & get him access

Ok! So I also filed to get his belongings & get him access to his bank account where he deposited his paychecks they closed his account. the court denied my filing for belongs saying "no authority was sited in support of this motion." the motion was denied. What do I do next.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lawjeff replied 4 years ago.

lawjeff :

Hello: I can answer your question generally, although I am a California attorney. When a judge asks you to cite authority, he wants you to show him a similar case, or statute that provides him authority to act as you requested.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure if my question went through? But how do I find a similar case or statute that provides him authority to act as I requested?
Expert:  lawjeff replied 4 years ago.
You would need to research the issue at your local county law library or on line. I always prefer looking at old fashioned books at the library, but a good free website is FindLaw.com. They have separate sections for legal professionals and consumers, but last time I visited they don't monitor who uses which, so you could use whichever works better for you. Of course, you need to start out by looking in Colorado law.