Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

I have a 19 year old daughter who is out of High School & is

I have a 19 year old daughter who is out of High School & is not going to college. She has a 25-30 hour a week job. Her father has been paying child support but wants to have her emancipated so he no longer has to. We live in the state of IN I was tld when we were divorced that he should pay support till she is 21 should I pursue the support or is he correct that she should be emancipated?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem. I am not fully aware of what prior steps you have taken.

If the child is not attending school and working to the point if self sufficiency then he can seek to have her emancipated. However, he has the burden of proving these conditions. So basically what I'm trying to tell you is that if the information is true as he alleges, the court should grant his request. However, if she is attending school or not self sufficient then you can seek to have support continued.