Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

I would like to know how or what i need to do to get paperwork

I would like to know how or what i need to do to get paperwork of being divorced from my wife she left in 1993 and i'am told she's remarried
Thank you for your question.

If I may ask, you are not sure if she ever legally divorced you? Did she ever file papers to that effect or you do not know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know
Thank you for your follow-up.

That makes it tough. If you do not know, you need to find out right away simply because there are thousands of courts in the US, and they are generally not linked. That means that find out if she ever filed you would need to contact each court system in the county where she could have potentially filed, and see if you can obtain those records. You can start with the county where she resided where she claimed she filed, but otherwise you are setting yourself up for a very tedious and possibly fruitless search.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
married in hampton,virginia 1974 as i'am told she live's in winston-salem n.c.
Thank you for your question.

Then you can try that area and call the courts but unless the gives you the papers and tells you where she filed, you only have her word that she filed and there is no evidence otherwise. Consider contacting the Forsyth County Recording Office and see if they have your records on file, or contact the county courthouse and ask them to perform a search for you. I have included their link for you for your use.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'am not satisfied with the answer , but i will click accept so you get paid for your time and will try something else.