Floridalegalanswer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney licensed in Florida capable of answering your legal questions in the area of Florida Family Law

if i married the same person twice would the single petition

Customer Question

if i married the same person twice would the single petition for divorce app for both or do i need to specify both in the petition?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Floridalegalanswer replied 4 years ago.

Floridalegalanswer :

Hi there!

Floridalegalanswer :

If you got married to the person and then divorced and then remarried, you generally would reference just the last marriage. If you married the person, then never got divorced but remarried again, then you could reference both of the marriages.

Floridalegalanswer :

If I have answered your question, please ACCEPT my answer. Thank you and Good Luck!

In either scenario, the petition for divorce would encompass your marriage to this person and once the divorce is finalized you are restored to your status of being single and unmarried.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do i need anything special like the marriage licenses or anything since i married twice without divorcing when infidel this divorce. if i own the car she's driving can i specify it be sold or have her purchase it from me remembering child support and spousal support would be asked for if she files first. what is he law concerning property leaving or being taken out of the house once a divorce has been filed?
Hi there! Generally you do not need the marriage licenses. As stated above, you may reference the two marriages but since you were never divorced after the first marriage, there would really only be the first marriage because you would have remained married if you had never divorced.

As far as the car and other marital property, that will be divided by the Court if you and your Wife cannot agree on the property division. Generally, you are not supposed to remove items from the house without the other person's permission. Of course, clothes and personal items and other daily routine items may be taken, but as far as the bigger items, generally they should remain in the house until it is decided by both of you or the Judge.