Floridalegalanswer
Floridalegalanswer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney licensed in Florida capable of answering your legal questions in the area of Florida Family Law
12212663

if I get sole legal custody and joint physical custody with

Customer Question

if I get sole legal custody and joint physical custody with me having kids 80 per cent is my husband supposed to pay medical insurance for kids
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Floridalegalanswer replied 5 years ago.

Floridalegalanswer :

Hi there!

Floridalegalanswer :

Medical insurance is generally determined on a case by case basis and the Court may determine if the insurance is "reasonably available" at an affordable cost. If the Court determines it is reasonably available at an affordable cost, then the Court may require that parent to maintain the insurance.

Floridalegalanswer :

Please see the following...

Floridalegalanswer :

In addition to child support payments, the non-custodial parent may be responsible for providing health insurance coverage for the child or children involved. The Nevada child support program aims to ensure that child support orders establish health insurance coverage as part of a child’s monthly support. The court will determine which parent is responsible for providing health insurance coverage. If this coverage is available at a reasonable cost from either parent’s employer, the court order for child support may stipulate that it be provided.

Floridalegalanswer :

If I have answered your question, please ACCEPT my answer. Thank you and Good Luck!