Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Hello, Im divorced and have a child support order in place.

I'm divorced and have a child support order in place. I requested what I think was a reasonable change in the amount I'm paying...I increased the amount while reducing the number of days I have my daughter (I live 500 miles away). My Ex and I agreed to this change in emails, which I kept. The amount was arrived at using the IN Child Support Calculator. Am I safe from future court action, since this change was not authorized by the court?

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

If you have a court order you can come to terms with the other parent. I suggest, however, you would want to file a Modification with the court to have it from the court.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

Customer:

I suppose I need to have an attorney do that? for that?

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

No. You can get the form from the clerk

Samuel-II :

and file it yourself

Samuel-II :

Or you can have an attorney in the state that issued the Order and have them assist you.

Samuel-II :

Customer:

Thank you. // KTM