Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law

If Im filing for summary dissolution of marriage , how accurate

If I'm filing for summary dissolution of marriage , how accurate is the income and expense declaration needs to be?
I am self employed . Therefor I don't get pay stubs.
Is this mainly for my spouse to see and the other way around?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. The income and expense declaration needs to be completely accurate. Non-material discrepancies or errors are not likely to change the outcome of the case even if discovered, but any deficiency exposes you to potentially costly litigation and penalties later. The function of the income and expense declaration is to ensure the other spouse and the court that the outcome is fair under the law.

Let me know if further clarification is needed. Also, please feel free to ask me another question – if you’re a subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment. Please bookmark my profile page here so you can come back and ask me a question anytime: Thank you.