JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

If a prisoner is in the federal system and is offered spilt

If a prisoner is in the federal system and is offered spilt time what does that mean? How can u get it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 years ago.
If you are asking about a split sentence then it is similar to what XXXXX XXXXX received, where the prisoner serves 50% or less of their sentence outside of prison, usually under house arrest or something like that. I have also heard of, but have never seen, prisoners who have both federal and state time serving part of it in the federal pen and then part of it in the state prison. However, it is more likely the first.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.