Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law

Thanks for your answer. So how do I go about getting a court

Thanks for your answer. So how do I go about getting a court order/modification to disallow the step parent from spanking?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.
Hello again:

Out of which county is the current order?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Our divorce was in Wichita Falls, Tx. (Wichita County.) I now live in Arkansas and she is in Wichita, Kansas.
That makes it a little more complicated. If neither the children nor the parents reside in the state where the original custody order was made, the original court is not likely to continue recognizing jurisdiction over the custody matter, which means that there would first need a motion for change of venue and jurisdiction to be filed in the original court. Those forms would have to be requested from the original court. Once that is completed and the order is made, the case would then have to be registered in the state where the children currently reside and a motion to modify custody would have to be filed there (again, forms would be retrieved from the local court). The forms are sometimes available through the court's websites, but a surprising number of courts have not joined the 21st century and you oftentimes still need to make a request directly to the court.