Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

In regards XXXXX XXXXX post. What recoarse do I have (besides modification

In regards XXXXX XXXXX post. What recoarse do I have (besides modification that never worked) when there was no child support guideline worksheet supplied to the courts? It seems to me that someone should be held responsible for this mistake? How can a judge rule on a child support amount when no worksheet was supplied? My x will have me in court soon for contempt.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
You had 30 days to have appealed that if there was an error made by the court. When someone does not file an appeal within the proper time span, then their rights to complain about the decision end. Thus, your only remaining recourse is to file the modification and use an attorney to do so. I wish the news was better for you, but unfortunately I have to tell paying parents this type of thing all of the time and it is never pleasant to do.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”