Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
11182422

She actually sent me a text message saying she went thru all

She actually sent me a text message saying she went thru all my mail from last month or two. I do have an attorney however unavailable till next week. Is this a matter you would suggest pursuing further?
Hello again:

Honestly, the answer in most cases would be "no". Emotions tend to run high early on in a divorce proceeding and there has clearly been a breakdown in trust, so she is apparently feeling powerless and paranoid and this was a way for her to feel like she had some control over an otherwise chaotic life. You can pursue it and it is your right to do so, and you are certainly justified to feel violated because you were, but the energy to pursue it would likely not be outweighed by the result, and I would instead probably save it in case I needed it as potential leverage later in the case.