John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
18914223

Hi John, no my father is not dead, but soon. I dont trust my

Hi John, no my father is not dead, but soon. I dont trust my brother or his wife. They plan on redoing my dad home, so they may buy it. They are going to have someone come and appraise it. They are stating it needs over 10,000 worth the work. My dad has lived there with no problems. I think they are doing this for there on personal gain. He left or quit his job to come save the day and mooch off my dad. Is there anyway to make sure the trust is legally done correctly.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

You can file for guardianship over your father if you believe that he is not competent and unable to protect himself. If you are appointed guardian then you can file to have him removed for breach of fiduciary duty. This is very difficult procedurally.