JerrySJD, Attorney
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, support, mediation, alimony

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX i hit a dead end in michigan where i had

Customer Question

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX i hit a dead end in michigan where i had my name changed, they said they do not have any information on a certificate of citizenship on record. i will need to contact the adoption agency where the adoption took place and that is probably impossible.
or the military might have some information.what i don't understand is i have a s.s. # XXXXX i have attended all these schools in the u.s. what do you think i should do next. the last thing the lady said in michigan was i will probably need to get a local lawyer to help with this. thanks again for your help, Bobby
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JerrySJD replied 4 years ago.

JerrySJD :

Hi Bobby, can you get a birth certificate? The adoption agency should have one.

JACUSTOMER-qs44f4ps- :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX think i will try a local attorney and see where that takes me .

JerrySJD :

ok, good luck. Try and get the birth certificate. That is evidence of citizeship.