Floridalegalanswer
Floridalegalanswer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney licensed in Florida capable of answering your legal questions in the area of Florida Family Law
12212663

i have the number to the court house,

Customer Question

i have the number to the court house, since it is summary probation its their jurisdiction..can i or my attorneys call and just ask them to drug test him? cant he be tested somehow asap
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Floridalegalanswer replied 2 years ago.

Floridalegalanswer :

Hi there!

Floridalegalanswer :

Generally, in order to get a drug test Ordered by the Court, you must file a Motion requesting the drug test. However, if drug testing has already been Ordered as part of the probation, generally you could contact the probation officer and request the testing to be done. If you did not want to file the Motion on your own, you can contact an attorney and the attorney should be able to file the Motion requesting the drug test. If you were to just call the Courthouse as you state in your question, generally you will only talk to someone who may be able to put you in the right direction, however, they generally cannot accomplish what you are seeking...generally only a Judge can do what you are seeking. Additionally, in order to get the Judge to Order the drug testing, the motion seeking the drug test must be filed (unless, like I stated previously, it already is part of the Order because of the probation and then you could try to contact the probation officer)

Customer :

awesome..thanks

Floridalegalanswer :

No problem. Did you have any follow up questions?

Customer :

yes..i have some custody issues to deal with..but i wont be able to respond for about an hour or so...i know its the new year so perhaps tomorrow...unless u will be around

Customer :

hello

Floridalegalanswer :

Please let me know if you would like me to answer any additional questions. I will be "in and out" of the website, but usually can answer within at least a couple hours. In the meantime, if I have answered your current question to your liking, please Accept my Answer. Thank you, Good Luck, and Happy New Year!

Customer :

so i will be around later...if not i would love to ask a few more questions tomorow

Customer :

will do

Floridalegalanswer :

Yes, I will be on tomorrow night for sure. I am traveling during the day but I should be on by 5 pm eastern time.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Please let me know if I can assist you in the future, I don't mind chatting until you are completely satisfied! If I have answered your current question to your liking, please Accept my Answer. Thank you, Good Luck, and Happy New Year!