Floridalegalanswer
Floridalegalanswer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney licensed in Florida capable of answering your legal questions in the area of Florida Family Law
12212663

when preparing a written response to a petition to determine

when preparing a written response to a petition to determine parenity and for related relief, am i supposed to submit a Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act Affidavit as well?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Floridalegalanswer replied 4 years ago.

Floridalegalanswer :

Hi there!

Floridalegalanswer :

Generally, the person initially filing the Petition is supposed to submit the UCCJEA, however, if there is something inaccurate in the affidavit that the other party submitted, then you should consider filing your own with the accurate information. If, as I assume from your question, that the other party who initially filed the Petition has already filed a UCCJEA and it is accurate, you would not be required to submit your own, however, it would not do any harm if you submitted your own.

Floridalegalanswer :

If I have answered your question, please Accept my answer. Thank you and Good Luck!