LegalPro, Lawyer
Experience:  33 years experience in domestic relations and family law practice.

i went to court for a temporary order iam unsure if it has

i went to court for a temporary order iam unsure if it has been removed. i have called district clerk and court administrator and have been told nothing how can i find this info out as a reminder i represented myself i did not have an attorney to represent me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalPro replied 4 years ago.
You must obtain the court records for the case. I cannot understand the clerk not being able to relate to you the contents of the court file over the phone if the file is an open record, but you may have to appear personally at the clerk's office in order to examine the file. You will need to see the docket of the case to see whether the court set aside the temporary order, or whether the temporary order contains an expiration date. An attorney may be able to help you locate and examine the court file.