Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i want to file the petetion for guardianship and i need to

i want to file the petetion for guardianship and i need to know for houston texas,
can the service go through my husbands attorney because i dont have his address
for sherriff service
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

You can serve your husband through his attorney ONLY IF his attorney will agree to accept on his behalf. Thus, you would have to call his attorney and ask if he would accept process for your husband. If he says "no", you will have to have him personally served.

A process server generally can do this more effectively than a law enforcement officer. Also, the best place to serve most people is at their place of work (assuming they're not traveling salesmen, truck drivers, etc.).