How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101572
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is currently incarcerated. I am seeking a divorce

Resolved Question:

My husband is currently incarcerated. I am seeking a divorce and have full custody of our children. Is there anyway to seek some type of financial support through the state?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

By financial support do you mean to file divorce, or to get the state to pay you "alimony/child support" since your husband is currently incarcerated?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I am looking for the state to help with child support.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I am afraid that the answer is no - the state does not provide additional child support payments. They can help you file for child support against him and of course the state provides various programs of benefit such as TANF...

...but it will not pay additional child support for him. I am sorry.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you seek clarification or more information, I encourage you to use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction – really – don’t be shy! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.
Ely and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions