Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

here is my question my daughter and ex boyfriend had a boy

Customer Question

here is my question my daughter and ex boyfriend had a boy together 5 years ago and they never got married or went to court. Now my daughter lives in montana and the father lives in missouri the 5 year old is living with dad. Mom was having a hard time in a bad relationship with husband. sent 5 year old to live with dad till she could get things fix. Mom is out of relationship with husband drovice is in the works. Now dad is in a bad way but refuses to let mom have boy back. Dad is living in missouri going thru a drovice himself and not taking care of boy the best that he has in the past. Dad has his mom living with him and boy and his mom just got out of mental hopsital. Dad is getting paid 200.00 a month to give his mom her meds. Dad is having his mom take care of 5 yr old while he works. My daughter wants me grandma to get boy from dad and take him to the airport to fly him back to montana. Without the dad knowing about it how much trouble will i be in if i hlep mom.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

This will depend, to some degree, on timing.

How long has the child been in Missouri?

And you mention you see the child often...are you in MO or in a different state?