Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

Child support has been paid monthly ($625) for the past 10

Child support has been paid monthly ($625) for the past 10 years under court order to the mother of my son.
We have shared custody. She was remarried 5 years ago, has had another child and does not work. She is now asking for school lunch money.
I understand that "financial child support" is to support her and my son with shelter/housing, medical, clolthing, food and education.
Am I obligated to provide her lunch money for my son's school lunch?

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

Legally the answer is No. The child support you pay due to the court order is to include money she should give to the child for lunch or prepare a lunch for the child to take to school.

However, after 10 years it could be possible for the mother to file a modification of child support to ask the court to reconsider the payment amount and adjust it for inflation as well as new income levels.

The decision is up to you but if you do give her the lunch money I suggest you give it to her by check, money order or some other means so you have proof.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Daniel,

Does this still apply if I take my son to school when he is under my care and time spent with me?

Yes it still applies.