Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I had a house before I married my husband, but had to refinance it a year later. His name

I had a house before I married my husband, but had to refinance it a year later. His name is XXXXX XXXXX the mortgage, but according to Texas Law, he has been added to the deed.

How can I remove him from the deed? He is trying to contest this.

You cannot unless he agrees to take his name off, or you refinance with his permission and take his name off. Otherwise, I am afraid there simply no other way to take his name off the deed per Tex. Prop. Code and Tex. Fam. Code. I am very sorry.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you seek clarification or more information, I encourage you to use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction – really – don’t be shy! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.