N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I apologize, have already put this question to you, but did

Customer Question

I apologize, have already put this question to you, but did so before registering. Do you answer simple questions regarding intestate probate "forms"? I have a doctor whose wife died young without a will, and with $3000 in a bank account without spouses name on it. Bank will not accept death certificate and his appointment as administrator. Is there another form that a Judge would need to sign to make official that the doctor could take to the bank to withdraw this money before it goes to the Unclaimed money depository with the State of Texas? Thank you so very, very much for your time and consideration. Lori Watson
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 years ago.
Is there a Court order appointing him as Administrator?

Does he have Letters of Administration?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is my understanding that he does have Letters of Administration. But for the sake of arguement here, can we please go at it from both angles, i.e. with the Letter, or without. Thanks again for you patience, understnding and help. Lori
The bank is legally required to recognize his powers as Administrator if he produces a certified copy of the Letters of Administration.