How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40125
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Today my ex husband decides he wants to get my two yr old daughter

Resolved Question:

Today my ex husband decides he wants to get my two yr old daughter a paternity test cuz he doubts her and we have 50/50 custody and he gets to have her tomorrow but with all his doubt and his mind going crazy on me I don't feel comfortable having her go with him tomorrow. Earlier this evening me and my daughter had to leave cuz he threatened to come over so I got scared and we took off and went off on me and is really upset and I just feels daughter doesn't need to be around that right now what can I do to stop him from taking her? And also, he ordered a DNA test thru mail should I do it or go through court?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

Customer: Hi
RayAnswers :

I would consider complying with court orders here but calling children's services and the police.You can report this matter and have them monitor the child and interview the ex.They may well go and seek to limit his visitation here and take actions to protect the child.This is the best way to both protect the child and also to make a record and witnesses in case you have to go back to court.

RayAnswers :

Report it here

RayAnswers :

Arizona Child Abuse Hotline at 1-888-SOS-CHILD (1-888-767-2445).

RayAnswers :

You also have right to take this back to court and seek to modify visitation based on your facts.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.



Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.


Customer: Will he be able to still pick her up cuz its his day tomorrow?
RayAnswers :

If you do not allow visitation you are in contempt --go on and report the problem.Chldrens Services and police can monitor this.

Customer: Ok thank u!
RayAnswers :

You need to do this and then consider seeking modification of visitation here--hopefully children's services helps you with this.

RayAnswers :

Good luck

RayAnswers :

Lawyer Referral Directory

Back to map



Maricopa County Lawyer Referral Service
Phoenix, AZ

Counties Served: Maricopa


Pima County Bar Association LRS
Tucson, AZ

Counties Served: Pima

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions