Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I live in ohio and have a daughter who is developmentally disabled.

I live in ohio and have a daughter who is developmentally disabled. Her father contested my application for guardianship. Bottom-line is that after quite some time of legal fees, depositions, and even a court hearing, he decided to withdrawl and dropped everything. Therefore my guardianship application will go forward. (he does not have anything to do with her but was upset that I won lifetime childsupport). My question is...can I recover any of the legal fees from his contesting my guardianship application? He makes 5x what I make.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Yes, you can have your attorney file a Motion to have the Court Order attorney fees be paid by the Respondent.

Samuel-II :

The court will consider the matter.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Customer:

Thank you...what is the likelyhood that the court will pay. I know you don't have a magic ball but a swag will do. :)

Customer:

...court will rule to have him pay the legal fees

Customer:

?? what is the

Customer:

Do the courts usually rule to have legal fees paid by the respondent?

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

It's a very good chance. If it was an unnecessary opposition, which it appears it was, and just a stalling tactic

Samuel-II :

the Court will order they be paid.

Samuel-II :

Customer:

thanks!!

Customer:

have a wonderful holiday!!