socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Socrateaser: I did not go a good job on my motion for sanctions

Socrateaser: I did not go a good job on my motion for sanctions and even though the motion is recorded on the docket and assumedly the judge will rule soon can I file additional information to my motion or it is what it is?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.
You can file a "supplemental declaration" and/or "supplemental memo of points and authorities" "in support of '[Petitioner's/Respondent's] motion for sanctions."

However, you will have to serve your spouse's attorney again, and the clock for a response is reset. If there is insufficient time available to respond before the hearing date, then your opponent can request a continuance at the hearing.

I realize that getting an actual date set for a hearing with this particular judge may be difficult, but if you already have one, you may want to just go with what you've got.

Note: You may have a valid reason for what you want to do. But, sometimes, when you have nothing else to do buy wait, you start thinking about everything you could have done, and you want to start over -- even though there really may be nothing wrong with your original filing.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!