Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

In my WA state child support order requires my ex-husband to

In my WA state child support order requires my ex-husband to pay 55% of extraordinary medical expenses. His employer does not provided insurance coverage therefore I provide the medica, dental, vision coverage. Recently, she has had dental and orthodontic work. After insurance, the additional cost is for the dental work is $700 and over $2000 for the ortho work. How do I go about requesting my ex to pay his portion of the expenses? Will child support enforcement assist with this?

Thank you

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

It is possible that child support enforcement will get involved, but it is not likely because what you're seeking is not the regular monthly support payment. Instead, this involves an extra expense.

Thus, it's likely that you will have to file a motion for contempt against the father for refusing to pay and have the court order him to remit his portion of the expense. If the father refuses, the judge can fine and even put him in jail until he pay this money.