Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED CONNECTICUT WOULD TAKE HALF OF MY INHERITANCE

Customer Question

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED CONNECTICUT WOULD TAKE HALF OF MY INHERITANCE WHEN MY FATHER DIED LAST YEAR BECAUSE SEYMOUR PUBLIC SCHOOLS COULD NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICES MY THEN JUVENILE SON THE SERVICES HE NEEDED? THE STATE NEVER INFORMED ME THAT THEY WOULD TAKE ANY MONEY FROM A SINGLE MOTHER OF A VERY TROUBLED CHILD AT THE TIME AND HIS WHOLE LIFE THEY WOULD DO THIS TO ME. I AM FIGHTING AT 54 AFTER WORKING AND PAYING TAXES SINCE I WAS 16. NEVER WENT TO STATE FOR ANY ASSISTANCE TO RAISE MY THEN NEWBORN SON AND 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AS A SINGLE PARENT WHO WAS SERVERLY ABUSED AND BEATEN BY THEIR FATHER, MY NO DECEASED EXHUSBAND. HE NEVER PAID SUPPORT, I CANT COLLECT DISABILITY BECAUSE CREDITS IN WRONG PLACE DUE TO BEING ILL AND RUNNING MY OWN BUSINESS FROM HOME ON THE BOOKS. I AM NOW 54 AND HAVE ONLY 300 A WEEK TO LIVE ON FROM EXHUSBAND FROM THIS PAST YEAR SINCE I AM NOW NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE STATE PUNISHING ME BY TAKING MY INHERATENCE FOR A THEN JUVENILE WHO BY THE WAY IS NOW 27 AND STILL GETS IN TROUBLE. I WAS NEVER NEVER NEVER INFORMED THE STATE WOULD DO THIS WHEN SEYMOUR AND THE STATE SENT HIM TO MT. ST. JOHNS SCHOOL WHEN HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. IM AT MY WITS END. CANT GET ANY ANSWER FROM ANY DEPT. IN CT STATE OR ANY HELP. I WILL BE LIVING IN MY 15 YEAR OLD CAR IN A YEAR IF I DONT GET THIS MONEY RETURNED. MY DAD LEFT IT SO I COULD LIVE SINCE I HAVE SEVERAL ILNESSES THAT PREVENT ME FROM WORKING ANYMORE AND NOT BY MY CHOICE OR I WOULD WORK TILL THE DAY I DIED. MARY MILAZZO XXX-XXX-XXXX I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:

1. When you receive my answer, please kindly click the ACCEPT button. This is the case regardless of whether you are paying for just one question or are using any type of subscription plan or promotional offer. Doing so does not terminate our dialog. I will gladly continue our discussion, without additional charge, if needed. I receive no wages or salary for my time.

2. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.

3. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.

4. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.

5. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.

6. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points:

1. What amount of money (roughly) was taken from you?
  2. By what means was it taken (i.e. bank account attachment, etc.)?
  3. On what date (approximately) was the money taken from you?
  4. What is the name of the governmental agency or entity that took the money?
  5. Has anyone ever provided any reason at all (i.e. what alleged debt you owed)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. $32,691.68 to State of CT (for M. Suponski) note: This was a previously married name.

2, 3, 4. Sent in June 2011 Via Trumbull, CT probate court District 144 directly to DAS ie. Department of Administrative Services. Phone XXX-XXX-XXXX Fax XXX-XXX-XXXX for care and support of Michael J. Krebbs from 2/23/1998 to 6/30/1999. CASE #2451034

5.NO other than as the single parent (father deceased but divorced in 1986 for severe spousal abuse ie. beating me. etc. Called all depts. said I was responsible for half of cost. NO ONE INFORMED ME IN 1998 THIS WAS TO HAPPEN! The school couldnt provide his needs. Why am I being the one responsible????? My biggest problem is I was never informed of any of this or I would not have agreed to this school. Michael is now 27 and still always being arrested. I had him arrested myself in the time period also he was sent away for theft from my business. I NEED THIS MONEY TO SURVIVE as stated in my original letter to you. This was a special needs minor at the time. Seymour is a small town that did not know how to handle him.

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

I have opted out (without charge). My legal expert attorney colleagues are able to view and/or answer your question at their discretion.

I would like to wish you all the best and truly hope you see this matter resolved.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

[Please do not reply to this post as doing so will delay handling of your inquiry.]

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have opted out without charge. Please do not charge my account as I have no more questions and you did not charge me. SEE ABOVE FOR YOUR RESPONSE.