Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law

How do you go about taking a name off your mortgage after a

How do you go about taking a name off your mortgage after a divorce.Ex.wife moved out 10 years ago and name is XXXXX XXXXX on loan. want to take name off.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. The mortgage lender is an innocent third-party to a divorce; as such, the court cannot mandate the mortgage lender to surrender their contractual rights to enforce a mortgage to either party of a divorce. The only way to "remove" a spouse from a mortgage is to refinance the mortgage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was told I have a free 30 day trial so I can ask any questions for free at this time. Is that correct?
I do not have access to your account information. There are subscription plans with free trials and unlimited questions. I do not know if you are a subscriber. If you have a specific question regarding your account, you may direct [email protected] .