Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

how do I get my child support reevaluated? Things have changed

how do I get my child support reevaluated? Things have changed since first established. what do you need to know to help me
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Which state entered the court order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Florida
Thank you.

A child support order always remains open for modification where there is a material change in circumstances. That could mean a dramatic increase in expenses for the custodial parent, or a sharp decrease in income for the non-custodial parent. What you can do is file a Supplemental Petition for Modification. Here are the forms and instructions:
http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/family/forms_rules/905b.pdf
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with experience in family law.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
after moderation has been sumitted what happens now
The other party gets a chance to respond, and then there's usually a hearing, unless the other spouse will agree to the modification. At the hearing, the judge will apply the guidelines to your current situation, if he finds that there's been a material change.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what if the spouse will not respond now what
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what if the spouse will not respond now what all the forms have beenfilled out to modify child suport the paper work was summited as i understand my ex was to have papers sent to her tp do some kind of response. NowI dont know where to go from here if she will not respond or send the informaton that was requested. Is there aniother step I can do?
If she doesn't respond, you can ask the judge to allow the modification based solely on the information you submit, and she would forfeit the right to object. That would be a very bad move on her part.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please check my last question
I'm sorry - I misread that question.

When you file the papers, you send her a copy of everything. The documents she needs to use to reply are available online. It's not your job to send her those. But, if she doesn't during the time required, you can file something else either requesting a hearing or asking the judge to rule based solely on your submissions. He should do it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i live in California the papers were ddrawn up in florida how do I procede to request a hearing or ask the judge to rule?
You would file it with the Florida court. You can mail in all of the documents. If you filed everything by mail, and you haven't already done so, you can also call the clerk of the court to make sure it was filed.

The problem is, you will have to go to Florida for the court date. So you might be better off just typing up something that notes that the other parent failed to respond, and asking the judge to grant the motion based solely on the information in the papers you filed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
who do I address this leter to and to which court.
It's still formatted like a motion. It's just not one of the specific court forms. So, it's not really like a letter. It goes to the court in Florida, because the Florida court retains jurisdiction unless or until the case is transferred. The case is usually only transferred if both parents and the child have moved out of state, and then it would likely go to the state where the child lives.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long do I wait before sending this reequest. It has been several months. Every thing re child residency age has changed and I want this to procede as quickly as possible.
If it's been several months since everything was filed, you've waited long enough. The other parent is well beyond the timeframe for responding to the Petition.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer