lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

When my first wife and I divorced about 3 years ago, she and

When my first wife and I divorced about 3 years ago, she and the judge did not order child support. (I do send send support anyway, however).

If she were to go back to court to have support ordered at some point, would the court base the amount of child support on my income or the income of both my new wife and I? And, if would filling taxes joint versus separate have any effect on this?

(If important: My ex, kids, and the divorce decree are Texas. I live, with my new wife in New York).

Thank you,

Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

Texas would have jurisdiction over your case even though you now live in NY. The income of your new wife would not be counted, only your income and the filing of taxes would not matter.
If you send any money, be sure to do it by check and mark it as child support. Here is the Texas calculator.