Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My husband of 25 years just began an affair with a friend of

My husband of 25 years just began an affair with a friend of our families . she makes290 a year and owns 400 acres in foresthill. my 23 now year old son and husband and myself spend every holiday with her ,her husband ( divorced last year)and her chilodren for the past ten years. That has been destroyed for son and I we have no other family. Husband stays with her 3 nights a week and comes back to our house like nothing is going on for the rest of the week . This is emotionally making me crazy with pain and anxiety and the disrespect of it . Our son is disgusted and in shock about his fathers behaviour. They were very close but not now. Will any of this help me get property in the divorce settlement because I want to file an exclusive use of the home for sanity temporariy so I can think straight and protect myself in this divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Yes, the fact that he would be considered the "at fault" party to this divorce based on his actions of infidelity will be to your benefit.

I am sorry you are going through this. If you have problems with filing out your court documents, you should be able to see someone in a legal clinic. There are self-help centers located through out the state. You can ask the clerk if they have a list for you to review

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please advise me how would I word this on an exclusive use of the home motion for a judge to grant me my request in this case ? i want to keep my emotions to a minimum but I get so upset when he tells me the judge does not care about adultry it is not against the law and he says it is my house you cannot kick me out or i wont pay the mortgage and you will lose it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
At this point I feel the emotional abuse is extremely dangerous. I don't know how to protect myself and my son. I may end up going to jail he flaunts his affair with my friend in my face when he is in my home. The disrespect he is showing us should' be illegal. How can I show a judge he is intending to drive
Me crazy with. His behavior tome?
What facts are the most important?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.
Hi

If you want to retain use and possession of the home, I suggest you tell the judge everything that is happening, has happened. And state that you feel he is deliberately flaunting this affair in an effort to aggitate you. State you feel this because you were not the one who wanted to end the marriage. State that you feel you have a need to the home for you and your son. And also that he is the one who has choosen to end the marriage with his infidelities.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Besides you guys who are great! Please can you tell me where I might find a divorce lawyer I don't qualify for low income by a pinch. I am desperate I work for CPS in Sacramento and the kids need me I have got to get protection from someone who will help me onmy situation somy husband and his rich girlfriend don't ruin me please?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Yes. I suggest you contact the CA Bar Association here - for a referral service. That way you are guaranteed a reputable attorney in your area. And, as I think I stated before you may request your attorney fees be paid by your spouse, since you are not the at fault party.

Thank you and Good Luck with it all.
Samuel II, Attorney at Law