FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

Are there any lawyers in SC who do low income divorce cases.

Are there any lawyers in SC who do low income divorce cases. I have a niece who's ex is trying to pull a fast one on her. He already has custody of the children and now is trying to get more child support from her. She has no money and having to live with a friend. What are her options for help?

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Her best option is to reach out and contact Legal Aid, who could possible help her for free, in these proceedings. If they are unable to help directly, they can refer her to divorce attorneys who would be willing to take the case pro bono ( free) or at least at a reduced rate, so she has representation and her interest is protected.