Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

banks have a limit of keeping records of checks and statements

banks have a limit of keeping records of checks and statements for 7 years, can superior court obtain records beyond the 7 year limit? thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

Samuel-II :

You may obtain a Subpoena for those documents. But if they no longer exist, then the bank will not be able to provide them. And so they will respond that they do not have those records.

The law is they are only required to maintain records back 7 years. So, if they are following the law, there would be no recourse to force them to go back further

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck.