ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

My husband deceived me in the divorce settlement about his

Customer Question

My husband deceived me in the divorce settlement about his pension. Can I reopen my case?
My divorce was final on Oct 21, 2011.
Do I have grounds for fraud?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 5 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

My name is Andrea, I am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be glad to help

Under Maryland law, if a spouse conceals marital assets (In your case, his Pension), or conceals their actual amount, for the purpose of preventing the other spouse from sharing in those marital assets, the aggrieved spouse may file a Petition to open the Divorce Proceedings based on fraudulent concealment of marital assets. You should file this as soon as possible now that you know he has concealed marital assets in which you have a rightful interest, otherwise you will be considered to have waived these rights.

If you need clarification, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further.

Kindest Regards,

Expert:  ANDREA, replied 5 years ago.
Do you need clarification on anything ? Please let me know and I will be glad to explain it further, Thank you