Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

my husband has law suit pending there no minor kids,i have power of attorney.when this cas

Customer Question

my husband has law suit pending there no minor kids,i have power of attorney.when this case is settle what is obligation to the kids, he has no will like all the kids &he talked about his wishes thanks PAT
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 5 years ago.

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am preparing your response. Please remain online for a few moments, so you can get your answer right away.

Attorney 1 :

So that I understand, please let me know the nature of the lawsuit. Sounds like maybe a divorce?

Attorney 1 :

Also, for whom do you have power of attorney, and to what extent.

Attorney 1 :

You also refer to your husband not having a wil and talking about his wishes. I am unclear as to whether you are asking who gets what if he passes without a will?

Attorney 1 :

Please let me know the answers to these questions, as soon as you are able, so that I can provide you with a helpful response.

Attorney 1 :

Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-6l02fuvv- :

no divorce still happily married. He told me his wishes, all his married he is a grandfather, his don't come around He back in the hospital they come around munch

Attorney 1 :

Thank you for the information. Power of attorney expires upon the death of a person. It does not allow for distribution of property after the person passes. Persons wishing to leave specific property to specific people need to have a will.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is no mending divorce, yes i have the power of atty. full extent.who gets what when he passes on. medcial law suit error cause him to get stroke his entire (L) side.
You can find the order of distribution at:

http://livingtrustnetwork.com/estate-planning-center/applicable-state-laws/intestate-succession/tennessee-intestacy-laws.html