Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

Hi, I have been separated from my wife for 6 years and there

I have been separated from my wife for 6 years and there are divorce papers drawn up but I don't think they have been delivered to the court. She lives in Nevada and I live in California. When I ask her if she has spoke to her attorney I get excuses after excuses, What can I do to move this forward?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

If your wife is the petitioner (person filing for the divorce) then you can not speed up the process. You would have to file for a divorce yourself where you are the petitioner so that you can file the papers in court yourself and if she does not consent then you can move forward by asking the court for a default divorce. However, you can only do this if you are the petitioner so I suggest that you file as the petitioner for a divorce if your wife will not file.