Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

we highly suspect our daughter is an alcoholic, on Sat. eve

we highly suspect our daughter is an alcoholic, on Sat. eve in front of family friends and their two granddaughters ages 5 and 3 she flew into another volitle rage and moved out of our home with her 5yr old son. He has been enrolled in kindergarden here and we wonder how long she can keep him out of school. She has moved in with her boyfriend and his mother in Moses lake and we wonder what can we do if anything for our grandson. We suspect she is also using drugs but cannot prove it. Thank you for your time. we are worried sick.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
She cannot keep him out of school more than 30 days in a calendar year, but the most important thing is not that, it is if you believe the children are in danger because of her irrational behavior and alcoholism, you need to seek to get to court and seek temporary custody and provide proof of the behavior and that she is abusing alcohol (at the least) and ask the court to grant you temporary custody. You need to get to a local attorney involved and go to court to try to get custody of the children for their safety.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”