Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

supervised visitation for two children not involved in sex

Customer Question

supervised visitation for two children not involved in sex abuse case.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Can you please give me a little background on the matter? Who are the parties? What happened so far to get to this point?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the children are 4 10 and11 years old two ofn with are my natural children. Have been accused of sex abuse against 13 yr old step daughter. MATTER IS STILL IN COURT AND NOT RESOLVED.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Have you actually file a motion for said visitation at this time, or are you asking what chance you have if you do file and/or how to file said motion?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes have had lawyer file motion for supervised visitation or phone call been refused not even allowed to send daughters birthday presents or christmas presents
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello and sorry for the wait - I was offline when you responded.

The chances are good that your motion would be approved, although I cannot speak for the Judge. Since the accusation has not been proven, the Court is likely to allow supervised, no overnight visitation - however the final decision is up to the Judge.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you seek clarification or more information, I encourage you to use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction! Really! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.