How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11655
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed an OSC to modify custody and have been awarded

Customer Question

I have filed an OSC to modify custody and have been awarded temporary custody of my children. My custody hearing is on 11/8/11 but I want to file a OSC to modify the child support that I am paying and have been told I can file the OSC and it be a companion matter (I am within the time frame to have this added to the OSC on 11/8/11) I must file by tomorrow morning by 8am. I am finished with the OSC to modify the child support but do I need other pleadings to have it become a companion matter and heard on 11/8/11?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. In which state is this matter proceeding?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
San Diego, California
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you; your terminology suggested that it was a California matter, but I appreciate the clarification. I have an answer formulated in my mind, but I think that this case might benefit to an exploration of whether there are some better options available to you. Just let me know if you do not want to explore other options, if you are open to something else I would just like to know what advantage you see to having this matter heard in companion to the custody issue. Thank you for your patience.

Related Family Law Questions