Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

CAN A JUDGE OVERTURN A DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY

CAN A JUDGE OVERTURN A DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

Can you please tell me what this is for?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

conservator over mother

Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.

If so, then the general answer is yes. A POA is granted by the individual to a POA Agent so that the Agent can act on behalf of the individual. The POA is wholly voluntary and can be redacted by the individual; or overturned by a Court if the Court is petitioned for Guardianship by an interested third party, provide that the interested party that seeks Guardianship proves that them being appointed is in the best interest of the child.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.