Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Hello again Ely I really didnt think the judge was going

Hello again Ely

I really didn't think the judge was going to grant his request for 50/50 visitation especially since we live an hour away from each other and she's only 2yrs. old. Especially with the situation with domestic violence. Why do you think the judge did this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Hello and I am sorry for the wait.

I do not know why the Judge determined the custody order the way that he did. The Court would determine custody based on the 'best interest of the child.' This gives the Court wide latitude to act. If you disagree, you can file a timely motion for new trial or an appeal, but an attorney is recommended in either case.