Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Hi, I have temporary order of protection that my family took

Customer Question

Hi, I have temporary order of protection that my family took against me. I have also violation of the order. The D.A want to ask for ACOD for a year. I dont care about seeing my wife or my older son, however, regarding my 8 years old I would like to remove the OP. Is it possible to ask to remove the OP from one member of the family? and if so, how can I do it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If you have the order of protection and a violation, chances are the court will not grant your request, but you would file a motion for visitation and relief from the order with the court and in that motion you would describe how the visitation would be in the best interests of your 8 year old and how you do not present any danger to the 8 year old together with some plan to accomplish the visitation without having contact with your wife or older son, such as having some family member or friend pick up the child.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Should I ask for relief of the order in the court where we now, or to ask for it in the divorce case which is a different court?

No, you have to ask this in the court where you are dealing with the restraining order.