Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My 13 year old grandson lives in a home that is disfunctional,

Customer Question

My 13 year old grandson lives in a home that is disfunctional, physical and mental abusive due to hiis 15 year old brother that is bi-polar with jealously and anger issues. The 13 year old is a good student, active in sports, and popular at school. The situation at home has esclated to him reacting due to a recent situation where he wanted to live with me and was promised he could, then later his mother reniged and he was very upset. This young man is facing an unhappy home and reacting to it in a manner that is getting him now into trouble with the law, which is totally out of character. He either needs to be placed with a family member or a foster home until this can be sorted out. I have called DFS in Woodland Park Colorado with no help given to me. His father is handicapped for 14 years from a brain tumor, the Mother is depressed, I want to fly to Colorado Springs and have an attorney represent him, all children have a right to protection. They are all on depression medication and the 13 year old has always said he takes it because of his older brother. There is lots of other information. I want a lawyer that represents a childs welfare. My daughter has threatened to place a restraining order against me and wants no further contact. I am worried about the 13 year old grandson.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

I am sorry to hear of this situation. So you want to have the grandson removed from the home and allowed to live with you in Missouri, is that correct? And, as far as you can tell your grandson wants that, too?

JACUSTOMER-rri6v486- :

yes

Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

I see. Well, I suggest you will want to contact the CO Bar Association for a Lawyer Referral Service and consult via the telephone with a CO attorney to see if they can file the proper documents for you.

JA experts are precluded from representing JA customers. We can only provide information and guidance. So if you have further questions about that process, I can provide that.

The possibility of you getting that guardianship exists only if you can show that the child is being neglected and/or abused as you say.

Here is the LINK for the CO Bar Association, if you want to contact them about a referral service

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck