Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

The stipulation agreament did not pan out. She wouldnt listen

The stipulation agreament did not pan out. She wouldn't listen to me and became even more angry with me. I decided to file for an order to show cause. The judge signed it and now my son is with me with visitation at my sons discretion. The whole child support thing is really beginning to weigh on me. In the papers that I filed I asked for no child support. Can I now change this before the court date?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: The stipulation agreament did not pan out. She wouldn't listen to me and became even more angry with me. I decided to file for an order to show cause. The judge signed it and now my son is with me with visitation at my sons discretion. The whole child support thing is really beginning to weigh on me. In the papers that I filed I asked for no child support. Can I now change this before the court date?

Response: I am sorry that things did not work out as I envisioned.

Yes, you can file Complaint for Child Support and have it heard on your next Court date.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How affective will a Complaint for Child Support be after the fact that I originally did not ask for it in your estimation?

Response:
You are entitled to change your mind. A parent is obligated to pay to support his/her child. So, the fact that you declined initially to ask for child support would not be held against you.