Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

My husband and I purchased a house in Ca it is titled as his sole and separate property b

My husband and I purchased a house in Ca
it is titled as his sole and separate property bcause he obtained the house with a V a loan and I was told by the lender I should sign the document relinquishing my rights because the loan may not go through with my name on it but I have paid half of everything what can I do ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

May I ask, has the husband agreed to sign off on a quit claim at this time? Are you considering a divorce and that is why you are trying to figure out your assets?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He states that he will sign it
a divorce is questionable
Thank you for your follow-up.

If he will sign it I see no conflict and see no issues. Should he sign it, you will obtain a 50% interest in the property. Without the signature he can indeed claim full ownership since by the paperwork, regardless of cause, you did formally give up your interest in the property. Luckily if he does sign, your interest in the property will be reinstated.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I was mislead and decieved
I am sorry, I do not understand. Misled or deceived by whom, exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lender stated if I didn't sign it we may not get the house because the VA had funny guidelines I have the recorded phone conversation
Ma'am,

I do not see how that is relevant if your husband will sign the property over to you. It is possible that based on your credit history it may have been diffiicult to obtain the loan under your name, and why the realtor suggested such an option. Without further facts I do not see any sort of a deception ehre since you were free not to sign the documentation if you felt it was incorrect.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I just have to hope he will agree
Thank you for your follow-up.

That is correct, since such agreements that you signed are typically upheld as valid.

Good luck.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.